How to have smooth healthy lips
1. Protect your lips. Always apply lip moisturizer with sunscreen. Sun can also damage the lips, so be sure to have lip protection.
2. Do not lick your lips. Saliva can cause dryness leaving lips chapped. If you don’t have lip balm or moisturizer with you just dab few drops of water and you are good to go.
3. Always hydrate yourself by drinking lots of water. It always good to care for your skin from the inside.
4. Exfoliate every other day. A good scrub is always good for your skin, find a scrub that has fine crystals. Be sure to moisturize after. It is better to scrub before going to bed.
5. Breathe through your nose and not through your mouth. Breathing through your mouth can leave lips dry and chapped.
6. Stimulate blood flow by massaging your upper and lower lips using your index finger in a circular motion for 30 seconds. this will help increase blood circulation in the area.
If chapping is extremely severe and are not responding to your home remedies, consult your physician, there might be underlying medical concerns.