This post outlines 5 things you might be doing that are contributing to you looking older.
1. You are sedentary. It’s easy to come home from work and sit in front of the TV or computer, but it’s not what’s best for you. If you work a job where you sit much of the day, being sedentary at home is a bad idea. You will notice weight gain if you haven’t already. While you may think coming home and relaxing for 5 hours before bed is okay, it may actually contribute to you feeling more sluggish.
2. You neglect your skin. Skin care is extremely important if your goal is to slow the signs of aging because it’s the first thing people notice. You want to stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water and eating healthy foods such as fruits and vegetables. Hydrating from the inside is important, but skin needs help stay moisturized from the outside as well. It’s important to create a skin care routine to keep yourself looking young. Exfoliation is important for sloughing off dead skin and revealing newer and brighter skin. If you don’t have a skin care routine, begin one today.
3. You sit in the sun. This goes hand in hand with neglecting your skin, but it’s important to stress how much damage the sun can do. We all need some sun to get the very important vitamin D. We don’t need to burn our skin trying to achieve the perfect golden skin. That golden skin will become leathery and wrinkled one day. Always wear sunscreen and reapply often if outdoors for extended periods of time.
4. You eat junk food. Junk food can wreak havoc on your body. It causes weight gain, it can throw hormones out of whack, and it can make your skin look horrible and older. The more junk food you eat, the less good stuff you’re probably eating, because you’re filling up on fat and carbohydrates.
5. You don’t sleep enough. You might not need the full eight hours a night that is recommended to feel good in the morning, but it’s very important that you get enough sleep. Lack of sleep will make you tired, leave you with bags under your eyes, and can even lead to weight gain. It’s important to get your rest if you want to look young longer.